10.02.2012

Being a mother has brought a whole new perspective in life. During my pregnancy I was worried about not continuing my design career because of the new responsibility that would enter my life. I was wrong but also right. I was wrong because motherhood actually inspired me to be successful in any work that I do. It taught me that my talents are not to be wasted but pursued. My successes are no longer my own. I do what I do for the love of my family. There's nothing more than wanting the best for them. Motherhood has also showed me capabilities I never knew existed. And that is why I was also right about my doubts. It's not that I was right about discontinuing my career. It's just that I'm okay with whatever happens (if that makes any sense!). Having Ender in my life reminds me that there is more to life. Don't get me wrong, I love being a designer and I'm thankful for the opportunities that allowed my talents to shine. But I love being a mother first. I love everything about it. And I know that where ever it brings me will be more fulfilling than any job can offer.

Handlettering my Remilla Ty

No comments:

Post a Comment