7.16.2013

Finding time to pray

Taken at Muir Woods earlier this year
Ender's sick, I have design deadlines to meet, meetings to attend, dinner needs to be served by the time Emil comes home, our room is a complete mess, Jinx needs to be walked, I need to go to the gym, text and email people back... where does time for me even fit? Or better yet, where does time for God even fit? I feel like I'm constantly slammed with things to do that I never have time to just reflect and relax. I seriously need to make this part of my daily schedule. If I don't recharge then I'm bound to burn out. I mean, an hour to myself is not that hard to have right? After all, these blessings in my life would have never been possible without God. I use to go to the Adoration chapel after work on my way home a few years back. Even though it pushed back dinner time by an hour it seriously was worth it. There's nothing like unwinding in front of His presence. I probably won't find that much time out of my day anymore to make a trip to the chapel but I'm sure I can do something. So from here on out I'm dedicating one full hour of prayer and quiet time. Lord knows I need it!

How do you fit prayer in your schedule?

2 comments:

  1. I fit in prayer by consciously trying to make my thoughts conversations with God. Instead of thinking "work is so stressful", I try to say "God, help me in this stressful time". It's difficult, but once you shift your mind to this new way of "thinking", then any thought becomes a prayer!

    But nothing beats setting aside an hour or so to be in His presence in adoration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's brilliant Lisa! Thank you! I'm going to try that too :-)

      Delete