5.17.2012

HELLO THIRD TRIMESTER

It's winding down to my last trimester of pregnancy. Looking back I could definitely say its been a journey. The first couple months were tough because of all the nausea I went through. But the road after that has been smooth. Working from home and being pregnant has been a blessing. While I don't miss the 9-5, I do miss the paychecks! It's funny what staying home can do to you (especially if you're pregnant). Through out my pregnancy I've reconsidered my career like a million times (maybe its the pregnancy hormones?). I thought I could instead be a photographer, cook, craft master, musician, painter, stationary designer, teacher, blogger, or simply a stay-at-home mom. Sometimes I get bored at home but then I remember this is the best time to take advantage of what I love doing the most. I actually don't know what I love doing the most. I do know that by making things and doing things, I'm coming close to revealing what I'm most passionate about. But there's one thing for sure, Emil and I have made the decision for me to be a stay at home mom for a while. That way I can take care of the baby and manage my business at my own pace. I never imagined myself in this situation. I always dreamed about having the 9-5 high paying design firm job. Maybe one day... but I think for now my true passion lies in raising our child, being a devoted and loving wife, and managing my own design business. To me, these things are more important and will be beneficial to the people I care most about... my family. 

Illustration by Remilla Ty

No comments:

Post a Comment